Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Interview with Gautam Hegde


"I have never enjoyed even my own college life as much as I have loved Excel's"- Gautam Hedge

As the teen hit show Miley Jab Hum Tum bid adieu amidst tears of joy and a heavy heart, we decided, to talk to the writer of the show Gautam Hegde who has always been kind enough to share his thoughts with us. He not only took us down the memory lane, but also shared how emotionally connected a writer is with the show he wrote.

1. MJHT is finally wrapping up and fans have been fighting to stop that from happening. What are your feelings at this moment?

Gautam: Mixed.. There is a vacuum.. I have been writing the show since March 2008.. when the show's working title was Chhote chhote sheher ke bade bade sapney.. When the set design was just on paper.. When we were discussing entry sequences for Sammy and mayank.. Its a trip down memory lane.. Its a big chunk of my life.. My first youth show.. Many memories.. :)

Why just the fans, even I would like the show to be back.. There is so much story to tell.. I really hope there is a season 3! :)

2. Looking back now, how has the experience been? Any memorable experiences? Given a choice, if there was a sequence you would have had to re-do, what would that be?

Gautam: I really wish we could show some more of life after 6 months post sam gunjan marriage.. Mayank and nupur through their parenthood.. Diya and benjy becoming a couple.. Uday finding a girl.. :)

The experience has been enriching. I have never enjoyed even my own college life as much as I have loved Excel's.. I have laughed at Uday, writing him and seeing Jas perform.. I have been awed by M-N's chemistry and the pure innocence that Sam and Gunjan bring. That song Kya hua hai.. Is so etheral.. Beautiful.. I have sobbed for mayank missing nupur and I turned teary eyed when sam and gunjan proposed marriage.. Pre Aao na song.. I felt very close to the characters.

3.The news of the show going off air was intimated at the last minute. There were also rumors of an extension, so don’t you think the end was a little abrupt?

Gautam: Not aware of the extension news. Honestly a lot of news and rumors I only got to know from the fans! :p :p

4.  Fans look forward to another season of the show. What are the chances at the moment?

Gautam: Like I said, I would love it to come back but its eventually a call by the channel.

5. Do you think Nupur's death fiasco and bringing in new characters worked against the show, as opposed to for it?

Gautam: See, when you are writing a show with collective creative efforts of a team, there are times when you hit bullseye, there are times you don't. Still, there was always a mixed opinion about season 2. I feel Ash was sweet in her space with sam and gunjan and rohan was cool with sam, even Uday.

6. How has your equation been with the cast and crew of the show, especially with the four main leads?

Gautam: We are all friends. Jaskaran.. He's my dodo! Superbuddy! Rati was my first female costar, as an actor :p :p she is chironji's nupur ji!! Mohit and Sanaya are also good friends. Sanaya is cute; she is such a chatterbox and quite a story teller! Mohit's again a good boy, caring and carefree. Arjun and I are thick. He cares for me as a brother. We fight like kids, sulk, then make up! He's someone I know I can call up and say Bij, aisa aisa hai.. And he'll help me.. :)

7.Could you sum up MJHT for us in a few words?

Gautam: For some, its a show.. For me, its my discovery as a writer.. I always wished to write a youth show and one day, on my way back from Shirdi, I got a call.. For MJHT. So, its a blessing.. It gave me great experiences, I made good friends, memories.. 

8. Could you sum up MJHT for us in a few words?

Gautam: For some, its a show.. For me, its my discovery as a writer.. I always wished to write a youth show and one day, on my way back from Shirdi, I got a call.. For MJHT. So, its a blessing.. It gave me great experiences, I made good friends, memories.. 

9.Mayank Nupur or Samrat Gunjan, if you had to pick one which couple would you pick?

Gautam: You tell me- you love your mom more or dad? Can't, right.. Its the same.. :)

10. A final message for the MJHT fans?

Gautam: Guys, thanks for being a great, passionate audience. It's quite sentimental when today you all send mails about the show being missed.



Telly Tadka

No comments:

Post a Comment